South Hadley, MA’s Wesley Johnson emerged victorious in the 33rd M&M Beverage Enduro 200 at Barre’s Thunder Road on Sunday, August 6. The 30-year-old topped a field of 105 entries to pocket $3,000 for his victory in front of a capacity crowd at the Barre high banks.
Johnson found his way into the top-three around the halfway point of the event, and at one point found himself in a three-way battle for the lead with Granitville’s Frank Putney and Monson, Mass.’s Bill Davis. While Putney eventually was forced to pit with problems and Davis encountered a pair of on-track skirmishes, Johnson held steady and was the only driver to complete all 200 laps.
Three-time Enduro winner Davis settled for second while Putney recovered to take third. Sean Ford, Chris LaForest, Mike Klupa, Cody Kilburn, Nathan Lafont, Kyle Morris, and Trevor Day completed the top-10. The full results will be posted on the Thunder Road website in the near future.
Williamstown’s Tommy Smith captured his 30th career Allen Lumber Street Stock victory in the 50-lap Brian Perry & Sons Construction Street Stock Special. Smith got around Middlesex’s Logan Powers just before the halfway mark and then held of Lyndonville’s Dean Switser Jr. and a trio of late restarts for his first win of the season.
Switser took second with point leader Cooper Bouchard of Hinesburg in third. Matthew Smith, Powers, Jamie Davis, Michael Gay, Bunker Hodgdon, Kelsea Woodard, and Kevin Streeter rounded out the top-10.
Thunder Road is right back on track this Thursday, August 10 with Cody Chevrolet Cadillac Night. The Lenny’s Shoe & Apparel Flying Tigers will determine the Myers Container Service Triple Crown champion in the final leg of the three-race series with the Thunder Road Late Models, Allen Lumber Street Stocks, and Burnett Scrap Metals Road Warriors also in action. Post time is 7:00pm. Admission is $12 for adults, $3 for kids ages 6-12, and $25 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids).
M&M BEVERAGE ENDURO 200
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. Wesley Johnson ( 129 ) , South Hadley, MA , 200 laps
2. Bill Davis ( 103 ) , Monson, MA , 198 laps
3. Frank Putney ( 881 ) , Graniteville, VT , 194 laps
4. Sean Ford ( 777 ), Wilbraham, MA , 189 laps
5. Chris LaForest ( 56 ) , Barre, VT , 185 laps
6. Mike Klupa ( 194 ) , Essex, VT , 184 laps
7. Cody Kilburn ( 132 ) , Cadyville, NY , 183 laps
8. Nathan Lafont ( 31 ) , Orange, VT , 182 laps
9. Kyle Morris ( 111 ) , Williamstown, VT , 182 laps
10. Trevor Day ( 14 ) , Orange, VT , 181 laps
BRIAN PERRY & SONS STREET STOCK SPECIAL
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Tom Smith ( 50 ) Williamstown, VT
2. Dean Switser, Jr. ( 45 ) Lyndonville, VT
3. Cooper Bouchard ( 7 ) Hinesburg, VT
4. Matthew Smith ( 04 ) Essex Jct., VT
5. #Logan Powers ( 31 ) Middlesex, VT
6. Jamie Davis ( 43 ) Wolcott, VT
7. Michael Gay ( 3 ) So. Burlington, VT
8. Bunker Hodgdon lll ( 10 ) Hardwick, VT
9. Kelsea Woodard ( 55 ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
10. Kevin Streeter ( 67 ) Waitsfield, VT
11. Scott Weston ( 40 ) Berlin, VT
12. #Stephen Martin ( 01 ) Craftsbury Common, VT
13. Tom Campbell ( 85 ) Middlesex, VT
14. Thomas Merchant ( 38 ) Eden Mills, VT
15. #Jeff Murray ( 35 ) Georgia, VT
16. Justin Blakely ( 17 ) Graniteville, VT
17. Reilly Lanphear ( 21 ) Duxbury, VT
18. Peyton Lanphear ( 22 ) Duxbury, VT
19. Gary Mullen ( 29 ) Tunbridge, VT
20. Brandon Lanphear ( 11 ) Morrisville, VT
21. #Kasey Collins ( 98 ) Barre, VT
22. Bryan P. Wall ( 77 ) E. Kingston, NH
23. Keith Normand ( 28 ) North Concord, VT
24. Brandon Gray ( 00 ) E. Thetford, VT